Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beers, beers, beers...

I've to taste'em all!

You may know there are two main beer brands in Portugal: Super Bock and Sagres. And as I'm an Erasmus student... this is gonna be my mission: Taste as many as I can. And write about that, of course... :D

I wrote about the Super Bock Stout before, but I'd like to add some information now... As I'm not an expert, I'll just copy some information from Super Bock website:

In 2003, Super Bock Stout, the other side of Super Bock, was launched. Super Bock Stout is Super Bock's special black beer, produced from special malts (pale malt, caramel malt and chocolate malt), which give it a distinct flavour and aroma, and a long-lasting creamy head.

Super Bock Stout differs from the other black beers on the market because it is richer in extract, more full-bodied and with a more complex (almost fruity), not-so-roasted taste and aroma.

The care taken and the type of ingredients used in the production of Super Bock Stout result in a balance between sweet and bitter, giving it its unique taste - an Authentic Taste. For these reasons, Super Bock Stout is much more than a black beer - it is the other side of Super Bock.
Really cool bottle, it's sweating...

I've also tasted one of the three kind of Super Bock Abadia beer... This is what they say about it:
Super Bock Abadia is characterized by a rich aroma, stronger and embodied, fruited and alive, with a smooth and comforting taste and the most intense colour due to the use of special varieties of Malte

The creative concept of Super Bock Abadia’s packaging takes us to an ancestral environment, keeping the identity of the lettering – in red – over the rosette of Leça do Balio’ Monastery, now with a stylised, simplified, more modern and dynamic image.
The one I drank was the Abadia Gold, as you can see below. I still have to taste the normal one and the Abadia Rubi...

Bad photo taken with phone...

And this is its... let's say "technical sheet":

Name: Super Bock Abadia Gold.
Launched: March 2008.
Market: Beers/Gourmet Beers.
Birth-place: Leça do Balio, Portugal.
Other information: A special beer, fruited and dry, goes perfectly with the soft flavors of fish and shellfish. Surprisingly light and not bitter. Golden and exuberant,  it’s a dry beer, with 6.8 alcoholic percentage. Balanced and light.
Target: For those who like beer.

And last, but not least, something I've also talked about: The standard Sagres beer in "mini" bottles. I'm not gonna talk a lot about this one... I've just found a video and it seems you'll enjoy it more than any description I could make by using words... ;)


See you guys!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure in beerology you're gonna get a good mark...

    ReplyDelete

Anything to say?